In this episode, Raj shares about his experience recently completing a 10-day silent meditation retreat. He discusses the profound lessons and insights he gained.
- The difference between “doing” and “being” and how we often use activity and busyness to distract from simply being.
- How sitting in stillness and silence forced Raj to confront deeply rooted patterns, beliefs, fears and attachments.
- The value of “zooming out” – accessing higher states of consciousness and awareness to witness the egoic mind with compassion.
- Letting go of control and moving from a place of trying to “manifest” outcomes to one of allowing and trusting in the perfection of each moment.
- Shifting perspective – how our perceptions create our reality. WIDENING one’s lens is a spiritual practice.
- Aloneness versus loneliness. Learning to find nourishment in solitude.
- Why Raj feels integrating more slowing down and stillness will serve his life in 2024.
In a world that glorifies busyness and productivity, creating space for stillness often takes courage, but offers immense rewards. As Raj discovered, when we slow down and cut away external distractions, we open the doorway to greater presence, self-awareness, and alignment with our deeper truth. We come home to who we really are.
If you’re feeling the urge to explore more stillness and silence in your own life, whether for 10 minutes or 10 days, this episode offers much food for thought. Raj’s experience serves as inspiration to us all on the value of simply “being” amidst life’s perpetual motion. Tune into his hard-won insights – it just may change the way you see the world.
Tools/resources mentioned in this episode:
Satsangs (spiritual discourses and Q&A)
Book recommendation: “Man’s Search for Meaning” by Viktor Frankl
Connect with Raj:
Legal Disclaimer: The information and opinions discussed in this podcast are for educational and entertainment purposes only. The host and guests are not medical or mental health professionals, and their advice should not be a substitute for seeking professional help. Any action taken based on the information presented is strictly at your own risk. The podcast host and their guests shall have neither liability nor responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any loss, damage, or injury caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by information shared in this podcast. Consult your physician before making any changes to your mental health treatment or lifestyle.