In this episode of Stay Grounded, my guest is Amish Shah, a serial entrepreneur, and a passionate producer of a new documentary – The Natural Law – a powerful film that highlights the healing power of Ayurveda.
After crashing and burning out as a serial entrepreneur, he became incredibly ill and battled serious health issues for over a decade. His failure within the conventional medical system led him to India in search for holistic ways of healing, which is where he stumbled into Ayurveda.
Amish studied Ayurveda intensely, met with global experts, and began applying its teachings. He experienced a gentle yet profoundly transformative healing crisis. Finally his symptoms resolved and he felt better than ever – with many friends saying he looked like he was aging backwards.
In this episode, Amish breaks down what Ayurveda is, how to get the most out of this ancient technology, and what could be possible for your health by incorporating a more holistic approach.
Key topics discussed:
- Amish Shah shares his story of how he discovered Ayurveda, the ancient science of life, and how it helped him heal from chronic health issues.
- Amish explains the basics of Ayurveda, such as the three doshas (Vata, Pitta, and Kapha), the five elements (Ether, Air, Fire, Water, and Earth), and the importance of balance and harmony in the body and mind.
- Amish talks about his documentary film, The Natural Law, which showcases the benefits of Ayurveda for various conditions, such as cancer, thyroid, autism, ADHD, and more.
- Amish reveals his morning ritual that helps him stay grounded and focused every day, which includes gratitude, tongue scraping, oil pulling, massage, exercise, meditation, and breath work.
- Amish discusses the role of community in healing and how he created a platform called Liberate to connect people with holistic practitioners and modalities.
Consider this podcast as “Ayurveda for Dummies.” When I began recording this episode, I knew nothing about Ayurveda and left feeling empowered to take my first steps. I hope this episode empowers you with the information you need to explore its potential in your own life.
0:00 – Introduction
4:30 – Amish’s Story
8:00 – Ayervadic Sciences
13:00 – Amish’s Rock Bottom
16:00 – The 5 Elements and 3 Doshas
25:00 – The Hero’s Journey
27:00 – Your Body Digests Everything
30:00 – Finding the root cause
33:00 – Working with western and eastern medicine
43:00 – Health is an initiation
51:00 – How Amish Stays Grounded
Resources and tools mentioned in this podcast:
- The Surrender Experiment by Michael A. Singer
- The Natural Law (Amish Shah’s documentary)
- Panchakarma (Ayurvedic detox therapy)
- Genetic testing
- Epigenetic testing
Connect with Amish:
Connect with Raj:
Legal Disclaimer: The information and opinions discussed in this podcast are for educational and entertainment purposes only. The host and guests are not medical or mental health professionals, and their advice should not be a substitute for seeking professional help. Any action taken based on the information presented is strictly at your own risk. The podcast host and their guests shall have neither liability nor responsibility to any person or entity with respect to any loss, damage, or injury caused or alleged to be caused directly or indirectly by information shared in this podcast. Consult your physician before making any changes to your health treatment or lifestyle.