EP. 9 | “I don’t have to chase extraordinary moments to find happiness – it’s right in front of me if I’m paying attention and practicing gratitude.” – Brene Brown
In my search for contagious happiness, I’ve explored a number of practices and strategies.
And daily gratitude is one of those simple practices that has fundamentally changed how I feel.
That’s because gratitude is a source for instant happiness. Find something appreciate and good feelings fill you instantly. Better still, gratitude is easy to practice because there’s always something to feel thankful for – even something as simple as the feel of the breeze on your skin or an incredible sunset.
But here’s what really surprised me…
When you make gratitude a daily habit, you’ll find that it helps you cope with hardships. It’s not just a strategy for the good times.
That’s why I say gratitude is your cheat code.
To find out more, listen in to this podcast. It’s a short one – just over 6 minutes so a perfect coffee break treat.
In this episode I talk about:
- Why gratitude is like a muscle – and what that means for your daily practice. (00:30)
- The many languages of gratitude. (00:59)
- Why a daily gratitude practice becomes an abundant well that you can draw upon to fuel your day – even through the bad times. (02:10)
- What to feel gratitude for. (02:30)
- When gratitude becomes a cheat code. (02:59)
- How (and when) to practice gratitude. (04:52)