EP. 8 | “You are the author of your own story. You can create any reality you want.”
Nearing the peak of his Hollywood screenwriting career, Marc Gutman walked away from it all.
This decision wasn’t in the life plan! In love with stories and the movies, Marc had a shot most writers only dream about. Working for the likes of Disney and Oliver Stone, Marc rubbed shoulders with some of Hollywood’s greats.
But looking down the road, he was shocked at the people further ahead. 30-year-old screenwriters earning millions, living in their big Californian homes – they ‘had it all’, but they weren’t happy. Marc’s Hollywood dream wasn’t living up to his expectations.
So Marc came to Boulder – to the mountains – to get clarity on his next steps… and then never left!
Marc realized he wanted to tell real stories, rather than Hollywood fiction. He wanted to write about the things that mattered to him rather than focusing on what would sell.
So he started Wild Story to help entrepreneurs use storytelling to engage their customers.
And in doing so, he figured out a way to do what he loved in a way that works for him.
Marc’s story is one of putting your happiness first – and willingly making the sacrifices needed to make this happen.
In this episode, Marc shares the strategies, decisions, and daily actions that help him live life his way.
From his daily cup of coffee to long walks with his wife, Marc has found a way to live his story – and feel good in the process.
His story has inspired me and I’m sure it will do the same for you too.
Some Questions I Ask:
- How do you live your story better? How do you use your story to fuel happiness? (10:05)
- How do you set up your day so you can get started and keep moving? (13:54)
- How have you setup your business so you can be happy? (20:24)
- What things don’t get compromised no matter where you are? (25:08)
- What tips can you share for staying more present and focused on the now? (27:30)
- What role does gratitude play in your life? (36:17)
- In the midst of your successes and achievements, what do you come back to so you stay grounded? (39:42)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Marc’s route to Hollywood. (1.22)
- Why Marc’s Hollywood dream didn’t measure up in reality. (4:20)
- Why soul-searching helped Marc discover what he loved. (8:30)
- The life-changing event that forced Marc to reassess his life. (14:27)
- How Marc ensures his priorities aren’t compromised. (18:45)
- How Marc redefines the cost of the things that make him happy. (22:15)
- The one thing that’s 100% always in Marc’s day. (26:03)
- The reality check that Marc uses to help him manage a crossroads. (30.28)
- How Marc’s mantra helps stay happy – even when the day ahead is challenging. (32:15)
- The powerful reframe that can change how you feel about your day, instantly. (32:50)