EP. 5 | “Putting yourself first is not selfish Quite the opposite. You must put your health and happiness first before you can be of help to anyone else.” – Simon Sinek
With the New Year just around the corner, it’s a perfect time to reflect and think about the year ahead and get clear on what you want to leave behind.
You got it! It’s that time for New Year’s Resolutions and goal setting!
But goals can be hard to achieve when you lack foundations that inspire success and enable accomplishment.
In this episode I talk about:
- The power of the words – I’ll never let myself feel this way again. (1:16)
- How accountability can be used as a tool for positive change. (2.00)
- The reason the first step is the most important step. (2:40)
- Why I promised to donate $500 to a cause I didn’t believe in. (4:00)
- Why front-loading your day helps you be the best version of yourself. (5:33)
- My two non-negotiables that set me up for a great day. (7:52)
- Why Allen’s gratitude tip has made me a lot happier. (8:07)
- How to get off the hamster wheel of negativity. (9:38)
- My biggest takeaway from Allen. (11:19)
- How I’m putting reflection on its head. (12:17)
Enjoyed this reflection?
Make sure you listen to the full interview with Allen Brouwer:
[Ep. 3] From Rock-Bottom To Forbes 30 Under 30