EP. 33 | “Self care is mandatory… If you think you’re going to be at your highest performance without self care, you’re fooling yourself.”
I first met today’s guest in New York at an entrepreneurial event we both attended.
There was something about Julian! He had a vibe that made me feel good and made me want to be around him. And I wasn’t alone. I noticed how others had the same experience. When I asked Julian what was going on, he said it was because we had connected to his ‘inner god’ and that he was actively looking for the god in each person he encountered.
We didn’t have time to go into the detail of what this meant, but I was hooked and super curious. I had to know more! So I invited Julian onto the Stay Grounded podcast so we could dig deeper into this concept.
And the depth of insight this discussion unleashed blew me away – and I’m pretty sure it will be the same for you too.
In this episode we talk about all sorts of cool stuff – all around how you can be your best self.
What this means in practice. What inspires you to show up as your best. The simple daily practices you can engage in to really life life to the full. Julian really does hold nothing back. As you’ll hear, he gives my questions careful consideration and as a result we went to some super interesting places.
Such as a definition of meditation that everyone can connect with (even if you can’t sit still for a minute on the cushion!)
And Julian’s 3-minute, daily sex practice that’s not only created more love and connection with his wife Marla, but bleeds into everything else that he does.
And perhaps my favorite comment of all. Listen out for when Julian tells me to, “Just be Raj. You don’t have to be anything. Just be Raj.” [And of course insert your name as he says it.]
This episode left me super inspired in so many ways and it’s my hope that it will do the same for you too.
So brew yourself a coffee, pull up a chair, and get ready to indulge yourself in a beautiful dose of life wisdom – courtesy of my friend, the extraordinary Julian Colker.
Some questions I ask:
- What does feeling your inner god mean to you? [1:20]
- What does vibrational level mean? [6:29]
- When you’re in a low vibrational state how do you train yourself to start appreciating and seeing the joy all around you. [9:04]
- What is meditation to you? [16:20]
- How do you make self care a priority each day? [20:49]
- How does your daily sex practice bleed into everything else that you do? [22:52]
- What’s the difference between your divine self and your ego driven self? [23:40]
- How do you become comfortable spreading your joy when you’re in your divine state? [27:00]
- If you’ve never consciously tried to be your best self, how do you bridge the gap between your conscious and unconscious so that you know what your best self is – and can therefore show up as it?
- When all else fails, what is the one non-negotiable that brings you back to center and your divine self? [33:35]
- What role does gratitude play in your life? [36:12]
- How do you stay grounded? [43:46]
In this episode, you will hear about:
- Beware of your small self and how to know when it shows up! [2:06]
- The book that literally jumped into Julian’s hand when he was in a bookshop. [3:00]
- The prayer you can say to connect with your god-self – and the flip that enables you to see god in others too. [10:20]
- Why doing is amazing – and what’s beyond that. [12:27]
- Why breathing is the bridge between the seen and the unseen world. [15:30]
- Why self care is mandatory. [20:27]
- “Everybody’s got 3-minutes” – Julian’s daily sex practice and how this helps him feel more connected throughout the day. [21:36]
- The role your ego needs to play in your life. [24:36]
- Why we’ve got to have moments that are ‘sh*t’ and why the things you don’t want are actually the gifts in life. [35:40]
- Julian’s gratitude for food and how it makes every meal taste better. [37:00]
- The importance of ‘advanced gratitude’. [37:37]
- The fear/imagination game that Julian likes to play. [39:57]