EP. 3 | “If you find a path with no obstacles, it probably doesn’t lead anywhere.” – Frank A. Clark
In the search for happiness, you will encounter struggle and challenge. It’s an inevitable, unavoidable fact of life.
Struggle and fear is something we inherently want to avoid, because it doesn’t feel good, but by avoiding a core human emotion, we can lose out on the fullness life has to offer.
It’s why I loved chatting with Akshay Nanavati – bestselling author of Fearvana.
Akshay’s approach to fear is an absolute game-changer. Instead of avoiding fear, Akshay’s created a revolutionary method that proactively embraces the struggle and uses fear as a tool for happiness and success.
Akshay convinced me that the narrative around struggle needs to change. Rather than being an experience to avoid, struggle can become a North Star for personal growth.
Akshay’s insights have had a profound impact on my life and in this Coffee Break episode I share my personal reflections from this powerful interview.
In this episode I talk about:
- Why I’ve decided to define what I’ll gladly struggle for. (2:40)
- The reason struggle is a requirement for happiness, fulfilment, and personal growth. (3:37)
- The importance of learning from people 10 steps ahead of you. (5:06)
- My thoughts on what it means to ‘earn your life’. (7:30)
- How I’m using Akshay’s music hack to use emotions and moods intentionally. (8:27)
- How a deeper awareness of our emotions can help us become a better person. (9:01)
- What becomes possible when you can intentionally reframe your emotions. (10:40)