EP. 17 | “I wanted to show my kids that they should go out and want all the best things and not settle for anything less.”
Today’s guest, Heather Vickery beams. Her energy, passion, and excitement for life just oozes out of her. But it wasn’t always that way.
When you’re not connected with the truth of who you are, life feels out of alignment – and that can make for a miserable existence.
This was the experience faced by today’s podcast guest – just four short years ago.
A slow, but steady period of discovery shocked Heather into realizing her life was a lie. After a decade of marriage with four beautiful kids, Heather realised she’d ‘married the wrong gender’. It was a shocking discovery and one that took a while to process. It also became the trigger that forced Heather to reevaluate everything and laid the foundations for the life she enjoys today.
In this deeply personal episode, Heather talks about what it was like to reshape her identity and learn to tap into her heart and soul so she could discover who she really was. It’s essential listening for anyone who’s committed to exploring and expressing their full self.
Heather now works as a coach helping clients unearth their authentic self and believe in their own power – so they can enjoy a life well lived and a business well run.
In this awesome podcast, Heather goes deep on some of the strategies she uses with clients to get results. Covering everything from moving through fear to the questions you need to ask to step into the person you need to be, I dare you to listen to this interview and not be changed – even a little.
I feel so grateful for having Heather on the Stay Grounded Podcast. She dropped so much gold and shared so many fresh insights, I’m confident she’s going to rock your world.
So listen and discover some powerful building blocks that will inspire you to choose YOU – and start living a life of happiness, fulfilment, and possibilities..
Some Questions I Ask:
- What was the turning point for you? When did you decide to be you? (7:07)
- How do you empower yourself to live your truth on a day-by-day basis? (7:50)
- With all the chaos, what’s the non-negotiable that you lean on to get things back under control. (11:24)
- How do you get comfortable shedding off your skin and growing into your authentic self? (16:34)
- In what way has gratitude been huge for you and how do you practice it every day? (21:17)
- How do you strive to be better without beating yourself up? (24:12)
- How can you recognize when you’re not stepping into your truth? (28:00)
- As you’ve made changes to your life, in what way did fear show up and how did you learn to accept this? (30:25)
- Tell me more about how you go about achieving the things you want to accomplish. (35:43)
- How do you stay grounded on a daily basis? (42:27)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The defining moment when Heather realized she had to walk her truth – and how that freed her. (4:39)
- The Truth About You list and how to use it to feel good and get out of a slump. (8:30)
- Heather’s ‘jealousy’ surrounding morning routines and the reality of a hard, fast start with four kids. (9:30)
- The importance of the school run farewell and how this is a moment that grounds Heather in her day. (12:39)
- Why work-life harmony is the key to a happy life. (14:37)
- The benefit of life experience and how it helps you to discover who you are. (17:00)
- One of Heather’s favorite questions that can help you get what you want. (18:26)
- How heather became interested in a gratitude practice and how it’s enabled her to bring more positivity to her life. (21:26)
- The Breakdown Method and how to apply it. (24:28)
- Heather’s kickass strategy to help you move beyond fear. (37:54)
- How Heather incorporates celebration into her work – and why she thinks you should too. (41:37)