EP. 15 | “I live my life by the five-minute rule. When things go wrong it’s OK to be negative – but not for more than five minutes.”
Hal Elrod needs no introduction.
As the author of the best-selling book, The Miracle Morning, Hal is best known for his six-part SAVERS morning routine that has changed lives and is practiced by over 500,000 people across the world.
It’s a book that has influenced me hugely – both personally and also as I was building JavaPresse and crafting our message. I am hugely grateful for this man and his work.
For me, Hal is a true inspiration and a rock star (as you’ll see in this week’s episode). This is a man who embraces life fully and has created a mindset to feel joy in every moment. And in this podcast, he shares countless knowledge bombs that will help you feel happier and more fulfilled every day of your life.
So listen in to discover how beating death not once, but TWICE helped Hal create a philosophy of positivity, gratitude, and acceptance.
I’m confident his view on the world will inspire you to let go of the things you can’t control, decide to make the most of every moment, and create a morning ritual that will take your enjoyment of your coffee to the next level.
What will your biggest takeaway be?
Some Questions I Ask:
- What was your mindset after the accident that left you in a coma unable to walk – possibly never again. (9:08)
- The question Hal asks YOU that holds the potential to make a significant impact on your life. (12:25)
- What are some things that people can do everyday to nurture the muscle of acceptance so they can draw on it at will? (17:05)
- How do you think the universe responds to affirmations and what is your take on this practice? (26:18)
- What are your thoughts on gratitude and how does this practice contribute to the mindset you’ve created for yourself and the world? (30:52)
- What are some of your daily non-negotiables? (33:21)
- You’re so rooted in your why and you’ve achieved and overcome so much in your life. How do you stay grounded in your why despite everything that’s going on? (42:50)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- The most valuable lesson that Hal ever learned in his life. (9:52)
- How the five-minute rule helped Hal choose how to feel during the most difficult time n his life – and why it was an attitude that helped him walk again. (11:33)
- The key to being free from emotional pain. (13:35)
- The three word mantra and sense check that Hal uses to halt emotional pain when faced with a situation he can’t control. (16:00)
- Why affirmations are one of the six principles of The Miracle Morning and the four-part process Hal practices to ensure affirmations deliver results. (19:06)
- Hal’s number one non-negotiable – regardless of where he is in the world. (33:44)
- Why failure to achieve a goal can be more valuable than hitting the goal you set. (27:27)
- Rear view mirror syndrome and how it can keep you locked in a box. (30:20)
- A quick overview of the six practices of The Miracle Morning. (35:14)
- The best bang for your buck when it comes to visualization. (38:01)
- Why Robert Kiyosaki (Rich Dad, Poor Dad fame) believes The Miracle Morning is so powerful. (40:40)