EP. 011 | Along with his wife Shannon, Bryan Miles is committed to rewriting the workplace mindset.
Driven by his manifesto that “the way we work doesn’t work anymore”, Bryan inspires businesses to liberate their employees and transform their culture with remote working.
Far from losing control over staff, Bryan argues home-based workers are happier and more productive.
With more autonomy over their day, working from home allows people to contribute more to their family life – as well as someone else’s place of work. As a result, they’re more motivated to do their best work for their employer.
This is something Bryan has experienced first-hand.
With over 600 remote-working employees, Bryan believes working for his company – BELAY Solutions – ruins staff for anyone else! When people experience a culture of trust, autonomy, and freedom, they don’t want to settle for anything less.
One of the reasons Bryan has been able to build such a successful virtual culture for so many people is because he’s a master of organization.
Intentional with his time and committed to be the best steward possible in all his roles, Bryan is able to achieve success in both his personal and professional life.
I was filled with gratitude after interviewing Bryan. He crushed my belief that big companies need an office and left me with a stack of insights that will help JavaPresse grow. He’s also inspired me to be a better man with some simple, yet smart organizational strategies.
I’m certain Bryan will inspire you to leverage the benefits that more order can bring for your life too.
Some Questions I Ask:
- Why is having a virtual culture important to you and how does it affect the happiness of you and your employees? (3:13)
- How does your day begin? Talk me though your daily routine. (6:10)
- What part of your day is non-negotiable and sacred? (9:20)
- How do you make yourself a priority when you have so many priorities on your plate? (12:03)
- How does gratitude play a part in your day-to-day? (15:10)
- How often do you reflect? (18:50)
- How did you cultivate a practice of being intentional with your time? (22:00)
- Tell me more about your new book – Virtual Culture. (28:08)
- With your book and your business you’re disrupting a mindset about the way we work. What practices help you keep dreaming? (31:20)
- How do you stay grounded on a daily basis? (35:16)
In This Episode, You Will Learn:
- Why remote working leads to happiness – and why it’s a decision that can have a positive impact on your business. (4:09)
- Bryan’s prediction about the next wave of progress in business and the workplace. (5:28)
- The app that helps Bryan maximize his mornings and keep him accountable. (6:44)
- The important reason Bryan doesn’t rush right into work at the beginning of the day. (7:04)
- The surprising, non-negotiable afternoon habit that Bryan used to be embarrassed about. (8:20)
- Why a color-coded calendar helps Bryan be the person he needs to be – in all his roles. (9:51)
- How Bryan uses gratitude as a power to lift his life. (16:10)
- Bryan’s technique for journaling and why it’s a part of his legacy for his children. (19:00)
- Why Bryan’s dad shifted his perception and motivations around time. (22.28)
- Top tips for finding and working with a mentor. (26:00)
- Bryan’s manifesto and why this ‘line in the sand’ drives him everyday. (30:47)
- The word that helps Bryan stay grounded and be more present in everyday life. (35:35)