It doesn’t matter if you’re closing out a year or 10 years, the act of closure feels the same.
When I think about my pace of growth, I’m so clear it’s because I’ve cultivated a lifestyle of awareness. This means I intentionally carve out time to reflect on the things that are happening in my life – and how I move through them.
For me, hindsight is 20/20 vision. Reflection reveals all the lessons and secrets life is teaching me. You can avoid repeating mistakes and integrate discoveries with more ease and grace by pulling them out.
If you’re a regular listener of Stay Grounded, you’ll know I reflect monthly. I reflect on an annual basis too. It’s actually one of my most favorite things I do.
And in this episode, I’m revealing my entire process- step-by-step – for the first time. Check it out.
In this episode, we explore:
- Why your annual reflection starts with a month-by-month overview.
- Why we look for the highs and lows – not the wins and losses.
- Annual reflection as a game of two halves.
- Really learning from ‘mistakes’.
- My closure ritual (and why it’s not for the end of the year alone).
- My 7 reflection questions.
- Finding your theme.
- Crafting goals around the way I want to feel – instead of the things I want to attract.
- And more…
BONUS! Here’s a list of the reflection questions I ask in the episode:
- Who or what would you like to acknowledge?
- What would you like to acknowledge about yourself?
- What are you ready to let go of or forgive?
- What did you love most about 2021?
- What do you want more of / what do you want to do differently in 2022?
- What would need to happen for you to feel complete closure of 2021?
- What’s next for you RIGHT NOW?
This reflection process is here for you to explore whenever you choose to take some self-awareness time for yourself. It’s perfect for closing out the year, but you can also use this sequence anytime you’re at an ending.
If you want to see this process in action, check out next week’s episode of Stay Grounded when I share my personal annual reflection.