If we truly want to heal as a country, as a society, as a world, we need each other.
Rewind the clock to 2020 and consultant, coach, author, speaker, and connector Andy Storch was riding a momentum train.
He’d re-designed his in-person training business post-COVID and was getting ready to launch and promote his new book – Own Your Career Own Your Life.
During this same period, Andy was experiencing some abdominal pain, which he’d planned to “tough out”. Unfortunately, the pain didn’t subside so Andy went to an urgent care facility.
Shortly after, he was diagnosed with testicular cancer. This diagnosis guided Andy’s life down a path that required a shift in priorities. He faced surgery and chemo as well as redesigning his life so he could manage his mindset and his health.
Andy is the host of two podcasts including The Talent Development Hot Seat and The Andy Storch Show. He’s also the founder and host of the Talent Development Think Tank conference and community. Most importantly, Andy is a husband, father, and friend who is on a mission to get the absolute most out of life and inspire others to do the same.
In this powerful episode, Andy and I explore what it’s like to receive a cancer diagnosis. We also explore how you can best help someone who’s walking a similar path to Andy.
- The moment Andy was diagnosed with cancer at age 40.
- Andy’s relationship with control and how it changed through cancer.
- The struggle of asking for help.
- Specific ways Andy likes to be supported.
- Healing through the support of others.
- Gratitude as a force to help you navigate anything.
- The journey of accepting cancer and finding gratitude for the moment.
- Cultivating an empowered mindset for dealing with challenges.
- Three questions to ask yourself when you face a challenge.
- A mantra that helped Andy navigate these times.
- Why you’ve got to take ownership of your career.
- And more…
“When you subscribe to the Stay Grounded Podcast, you help new people discover the show. And it means the podcast will automatically show up in your app of choice every time a new episode is released on Mondays.”
Andy’s story is an inspiring reminder of the personal power that’s available – regardless of the path life asks us to walk. Everything in life is a result of the perspective you choose. In this episode, Andy shows how you can leverage the power of mindset to navigate anything with gratitude and courage.
This man is an inspiration and I’m excited for you to hear his story.