The reaction to the trauma doesn’t necessarily stop with the people who experienced it.
Do you have symptoms that you can’t explain? For example, are you overly anxious for no obvious reason? Do you instinctively push people away or intentionally disassociate from difficult feelings in your body? Do you have irrational fears or thoughts about what could happen that don’t make logical sense?
If so, there’s a chance you may be experiencing inherited trauma; that’s trauma, which started with your parents or your grandparents – not you.
Generational trauma can impact our lives in profound ways. Fortunately, there is something you can do to transform the fears and soothe the feelings. There is a way to break the pattern so that the ancestral trauma stops with you.
Mark Wolynn – author of It Didn’t Start With You and the director of The Family Constellation Institute in San Francisco has devoted his life to understanding and healing inherited family trauma. In this must-hear episode, Mark reveals how his work holds the potential to wildly transform your life as well as the life of your children and grandchildren [even if they’ve not yet been born].
The concept of inherited trauma is backed by science. As Mark explains in the episode, as we learn more about epigenetics, our clarity about the way trauma is passed on increases.
Ancestral trauma is often behind the curtain. Logic can convince us that certain things are best left unsaid. But just because we don’t hear things doesn’t mean we can’t feel things.
Mark’s work empowers people to dig deeper into their familial setting so they can understand the reactions and feelings locked in their body. As a result, his clients get to experience unimaginable feelings of freedom, closure, and clarity.
You can get a taste of the potential that healing ancestral trauma could have for you when you tune into this episode.
- What is inherited trauma?
- What’s a healthy way to experience a healing event if you can’t tap back into the original trauma?
- How can you learn to be present with what is?
- How to differentiate between attachment and generational trauma.
- Why traumas affect fathering and mothering.
- The profound difference between forgiveness and understanding.
- What is inner child healing and why is it powerful healing work?
- How healing generational trauma impacts your children [and your children’s children].
- Changing how our genes express to protect our kids [and grandchildren].
- Why Mark is passionate about this work [and how it healed his sight].
- The significance of Mark crying into his mother’s clothes.
- And more…
“When you subscribe to the Stay Grounded Podcast, you help new people discover the show. And it means the podcast will automatically show up in your app of choice every time a new episode is released on Mondays.”