EP. 115 A lot of the actions that we have to take to be successful aren’t ones that you feel like taking.
Anthony Truck’s entire life has been about beating the odds and redefining what’s possible given the cards he was dealt with. Age just three, Anthony ended up in the foster care system. Given his background, he shouldn’t have achieved the things he did. It shouldn’t have been possible for him to become an NFL athlete or a successful entrepreneur. But Anthony wasn’t willing to settle. Instead, he figured out how to fight for himself and make success his second nature.
His path has been far from easy – especially in his post-NFL days when he lost a lot of the material success he achieved. But with the help of borrowed joy and the resilience to beat the odds, Anthony survived rock bottom to become an international speaker, author, and shift coach. He was even the first former NFL athlete to hit a buzzer on NBC’s American Ninja Warrior.
In this powerful episode, Anthony reveals how he fought for his identity and weathered life’s storms, to become the inspirational man he is today.
In this episode, Anthony and I talk about:
- Anthony’s “Roots & Fruits” analogy – and why you’re the tree, NOT the fruit the tree produces.
- Why emotional control is essential if you want to weather life’s storms.
- How to create safe containers so you can manage curveballs.
- What to do and ask when you’re emotionally triggered.
- The difference between a ‘go’ identity and a ‘slow’ identity.
- Why identity is an anchor – and how you can architect yours to lay down strong roots.
- The first time Anthony fought for himself.
- How borrowed joy helped Anthony push off suicidal thoughts when he hit rock bottom.
- How to use borrowed thoughts to help you grow.
If you’re ready to defeat the odds and create a 1% life for yourself, this is the episode for you. Check it out.
“When you subscribe to the Stay Grounded Podcast, you help new people discover the show. And it means the podcast will automatically show up in your app of choice every time a new episode is released on Mondays.”